Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Gourmet, May 2008.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce (Frank's Redhot sauce)
- 1⁄3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 lbs salmon fillets, with skin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Melt butter with hot sauce and 1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper over medium heat. Set 1/4 cup of the sauce aside.
- Toss panko with oil in a bowl.
- Put salmon, skin side down, in a lightly-oiled shallow baking pan.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper, then brush with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle panko mixture evenly over top of fish.
- Bake until panko is golden and fish is cooked through, about 16 - 22 minutes.
- Serve reserved sauce on the side.