3 hrs 5 mins
Chef Shadows's Note:
There are advantages to eating buffalo meat because it is lower in calories, lower in fat, has a wonderful flavor and is very tender. It's important to roast buffalo at a lower temperature than you would roast beef to keep it from getting tough. You may be able to special order buffalo steaks and roasts at your local supermarket but if not, it is easy to buy on-line.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREP WORK:.
- 2Preheat the oven to 250 F and roast the garlic.
- 3Cut the onions, carrots, and celery into quarters.
- 4Dilute the stock with water.
- 5HOW TO MAKE AT HOME:.
- 6Place all the vegetables except for the chipotles and garlic in a large roasting pan that has been coated with a little oil.
- 7Pam is fine.
- 8Put the buffalo roast on top of the vegetables.
- 9Add the diluted beef stock and roast the buffalo at 250 F for 2 1/2 hours or until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 125°F
- 10Remove the pan from the oven and the roast from the pan and let it sit while you work on the sauce.
- 11Remember, the roast will continue to cook while it is resting.
- 12Strain the juices and liquids from the pan into a sauce pan and transfer the roasted vegetables to a bowl or plate.
- 13Add the roasted garlic, peppers and red wine to the sauce pan.
- 14Over medium-high heat, reduce the liquids by about 1/3 and strain it to remove the garlic and peppers.
- 15Taste for seasonings and adjust with salt and pepper.
- 16Slice the buffalo roast and serve with the roasted vegetables and au jus sauce.
Browse Our Top Wild Game Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Wild Game Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Roast With Chipotle Roasted Garlic Jus
Serving Size: 1 (655 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.2
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 210.9 mg
- Sodium 947.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 78.7 g