Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
The taste of a buffalo wing in a whole roasted chicken! This would be great with a salad that has bleu cheese. Grandma clipped this from a "Woman's World" magazine and sent it my way. Spicy!
- 6 lbs roasting chickens
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce, like tabasco
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and paprika. Place on rack in a roasting pan.
- Chicken should roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until a meat thermometer registers 180 degrees when inserted in the thickest part of the thigh. Avoid touching the thigh bone when checking the temperature.
- While chicken is cooking, combine the butter, hot pepper sauce, vinegar, garlic powder, and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Brush this mixture over the chicken several times during the last 20 minutes of cooking.
- Let the chicken sit 10 minutes before carving.
Awesome roasted chicken, my PAC Mom :) ! I had a two-pack of whole chickens (11.5 lbs total), so I just doubled the seasonings. I used Frank's Red Hot Chili and Lime sauce for the hot pepper sauce. The only thing that would've made this chicken better is if I had an injector so the flavoring went all the way through the chicken. Even without an injector, the cooked chicken was nice, juicy, and delicious. Not as spicy as you would expect with all the spicy stuff added, either, just really flavorful. Since I made this just to have some shredded chicken on hand for other things, this is going to make some yummy tostadas, quesadillas and chicken salad. Thanks for posting (and adopting me)! :)