Recipe by Greeny4444
Only 4 ingredients! This is a spin-off from my Soy-Sesame Baked Tofu recipe that I made up. I recently discovered baked tofu, and I am enjoying trying different ways to flavor it. This could be some good game-day football food for vegetarians when everyone else is eating buffalo wings!
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, water-packed (drained and well-pressed to get as much excess moisture out as possible)
- 1⁄8 cup hot sauce (wing-style, such as Frank's)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hidden valley ranch dressing mix (the dry seasoning)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Turn the tofu block onto its side. With a long knife, slice the tofu into 4 equal slices, so the slices are large and flat (they will be about 1/4-inch thick each).
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with the hot sauce, and brush the mixture over both sides of each slice of tofu. Be careful when turning the tofu over so that it doesn't tear too badly (if it does tear a little, it's okay).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Let the tofu sit and let the sauce sink in while the oven is preheating.
- Sprinkle the top of all 4 slices evenly with the ranch seasoning before putting in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- You can cube these up and use them for salads, or dip them in ranch dressing for a snack.