Recipe by happynana
This is from Woman's Day. We had these for dinner tonight and thought they were very good. Be sure to dip them in the dressing -- it makes the recipe in our opinion. Next time I would double the hot pepper sauce but then we really like spicy. The recipe easily halves for two.
Top Review by kolleen1021
Mmmm...these take a little work, but are delicious! My favorite part of the potato is the skin so I was pleased with this healthy way to take care of my buffalo wing AND potato cravings. I highly recommend buying the good bleu cheese dressing or making your own to make this even more amazing.
- 4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (can use more or less, we used Frank's)
- 1⁄2 sea salt (can use less)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup bottled blue cheese (lite may be used) or 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing (lite may be used)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Have a rimmed baking sheet ready.
- Pierce potatoes in 3 or 4 places with a fork. Bake directly on oven rack 55 to 60 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove to cool.
- When baked and removed, increase oven temperature to 450 degrees,.
- When cool enough to handle, cut each potato into quarters.
- With a spoon, scoop pulp from skins, leaving at least 1/4 inch think shell. Reserve pulp for another use (I made mashed potatoes).
- Place skin side down on ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
- Mix butter, hot sauce, salt, garlic and onion powder in a small bowl.
- Brush evenly on potatoes.
- Bake 15 minutes or until browned at edges and crisp.
- Serve with dressing for dipping.