1/1 Photo of Buffalo Potato Skins
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This is from Woman's Day. We had these for dinner tonight and thought they were very good. Be sure to dip them in the dressing -- it makes the recipe in our opinion. Next time I would double the hot pepper sauce but then we really like spicy. The recipe easily halves for two.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (can use more or less, we used Frank's)
- 1/2 sea salt (can use less)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup bottled blue cheese (lite may be used) or 1/2 cup ranch dressing (lite may be used)
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees. Have a rimmed baking sheet ready.
- 2Pierce potatoes in 3 or 4 places with a fork. Bake directly on oven rack 55 to 60 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Remove to cool.
- 3When baked and removed, increase oven temperature to 450 degrees,.
- 4When cool enough to handle, cut each potato into quarters.
- 5With a spoon, scoop pulp from skins, leaving at least 1/4 inch think shell. Reserve pulp for another use (I made mashed potatoes).
- 6Place skin side down on ungreased rimmed baking sheet.
- 7Mix butter, hot sauce, salt, garlic and onion powder in a small bowl.
- 8Brush evenly on potatoes.
- 9Bake 15 minutes or until browned at edges and crisp.
- 10Serve with dressing for dipping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Potato Skins
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.7
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 27.9 mg
- Sodium 374.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: