Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 min
I found this recipe in a recent Women's Day Magazine. I was looking for something to make for the Superbowl.... (GO PATS!) I add some shredded cheese ontop during the last 5 minutes of baking.
- 4 medium baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup bottled light blue cheese dressing
- Heat oven to 350F Pierce potatoes in 2 or 3 places with a fork.
- Bake directly on middle oven rack 45-55 minutes until tender when pierced.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°F Have a rimmed baking sheet ready.
- When cool enough to handle, cut potatoes lenghtwise in quarters.
- With a spoon, scoop pulp from skins leaving a 1/2 in think shell (reserve pulp for another use).
- Place skin side down on ungreased baking sheet.
- Mix butter, hot sauce, salt and onion powder in small bowl.
- Brush evenly on potatoes.
- Bake 15 minutes or until browned at edges and crisp.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing for dipping.