Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Ray “Dr. BBQ” Lampe's cookbook, Pork Chop: 60 Recipes for Living High on the Hog.
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 boneless pork chops, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup frank's hot sauce
- 4 large round buns
- Preheat the broiler on high. In a medium bowl, combine the blue cheese, celery and mayo. Mix well and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. On a flat plate, mix together the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. Dredge the chops in the flour mixture, coating well on all sides. Shake off any excess flour. (Place the chops in the skillet and cook for about 4 minutes, until golden brown. Flip the chops and cook another 4 minutes until golden.) Transfer the chops to a plate lined with paper towels, to drain.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, whisk together the butter and hot sauce. Microwave on high for 15 seconds to warm.
- Toast the buns on the cut sides under the broiler until golden. Dunk each chop in the hot sauce mixture, shaking off any excess. Place the chop on a bun bottom. Top with one-fourth of the blue cheese mixture and the top of the bun. Serve.