Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another Buffalo infusion.
- 1 pint shucked oyster
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon blackening spices
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 chipotle pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup frank's hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- 4 hoagie rolls, sliced (can sub baguettes)
- Drain the oysters. Mix the flour, corn meal and spices in a bowl, adding salt and pepper to taste. Dredge the oysters in the flour mixture to coat well.
- Meanwhile heat the vegetable oil to a depth of 1 inch in a large pan over medium high heat until it reaches 375°F Fry the oysters until golden brown, remove and drain on paper towels.
- Mix the mayonnaise and chipotle pepper until well combined. Heat the butter and Frank's Hot sauce just until butter is melted and well combined.
- Spread some mayonnaise mixture on both halves of the buns and spread some lettuce on the bottom half of the buns. Pour the hot sauce mixture into a bowl large enough to hold the oysters and add the oysters, tossing them to coat with the sauce.
- Divide the oysters equally amongst the buns and serve hot.