From Zoom restaurant in Park City, Utah. I made this and they were so good and so addictive. It makes a LOT of onion rings, but they went fast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large heavy saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of cooking oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- 2The oil temperature should be at 350 degrees F when you start frying.
- 3In a large bowl, mix the eggs and milk; then add the flour and baking powder and mix thoroughly with a hand-held mixer.
- 4Strain the mixture to remove any lumps.
- 5Add more milk if you want a thinner crust.
- 6In a small bowl, mix the Cajun spice mix, cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, dry mustard, and salt.
- 7Add this spice mixture to the batter.
- 8Cut the onions into thick slabs, dunk them in the batter, and fry them, in batches, in the oil until golden brown.
- 9Serve the onion rings with Blue Cheese Dip, or dressing.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.0
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 157.2 mg
- Sodium 963.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 25.1 g