Recipe by **Kelly**
From Zoom restaurant in Park City, Utah. I made this and they were so good and so addictive. It makes a LOT of onion rings, but they went fast.
Top Review by Pets'R'us
These onion rings were delicious! I made half of the recipe and it still made a lot. The batter was light and crispy and the spices made this different from any other onion rings recipe I have made before.
- 4 eggs
- 5 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 2⁄3 teaspoons salt
- 3 large yellow onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a large heavy saucepan with 2 to 3 inches of cooking oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- The oil temperature should be at 350 degrees F when you start frying.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs and milk; then add the flour and baking powder and mix thoroughly with a hand-held mixer.
- Strain the mixture to remove any lumps.
- Add more milk if you want a thinner crust.
- In a small bowl, mix the Cajun spice mix, cayenne pepper, white pepper, black pepper, dry mustard, and salt.
- Add this spice mixture to the batter.
- Cut the onions into thick slabs, dunk them in the batter, and fry them, in batches, in the oil until golden brown.
- Serve the onion rings with Blue Cheese Dip, or dressing.