Recipe by SukiB
Fabulous meatloaf with great flavour - I have been told it makes great sandwiches the next day but never have any left over to try it! Substitute ground beef and it is equally terrific. We will often make extra sauce and heat it in the microwave to serve on the side.
Top Review by emjenn
I will not use this recipe again. To quote my dinner companion "there isn't much to it" and "the meat is kinda weird" (maybe using Panko whole wheat bread crumbs?). I don't know if I made errors, or where. I even added basil, extra sage and extra onions because I thought it would be bland. The sauce is good.
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs ground buffalo meat (or beef)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage (optional)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons catsup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak breadcrumbs in milk until milk is absorbed.
- Beat eggs slightly, add in with breadcrumb mixture. Add ground meat, diced onion, salt, pepper and sage. Combine well.
- Grease loaf pan, pack mixture lightly into pan.
- Combine brown sugar, catsup, nutmeg and dry mustard for sauce and spread over top of loaf.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Drain off any liquids (if any).
- Turn out of pan. Let sit for a few minutes, slice to serve.