Recipe by Chele D
These are the best hot wings IMHO. I don't like my hands to be really sloppy and the trip through the oven after frying solves this. Add as much heat as you like. I prefer the flavor of Red Hot sauce, but use your favorite. Add some Cayenne pepper to kick it to your desired heat level. Serve with my blue cheese dressing. Serves one hungry wing-lover or up to 4.
- 24 chicken wings, sections
- cooking oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle hot sauce (Red Hot or Crystal)
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 and preheat oil in a deep fryer to 375.
- Fry wings for 8 minutes. (Do this in batches so you don't over crowd).
- Transfer to a tray lined with paper towels to drain.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add hot sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss wings in sauce. Roast 15-20 minutes in preheated oven.
- Serve with Blue cheese or Ranch dressing and celery.