Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is based on one from Paula Deen on the Food Network website. These fries were spicy, but nowhere nearly as hot as I thought they would be. Very, very good served with Ranch dip made with extra garlic. I've made this using both french fries and Tater Tots. Both were outstanding! Beware, this recipe is NOT low fat!
- 16 ounces frozen french fries (preferably Extra Crispy style)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I use Frank's)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- salt (I use seasoned salt)
- Bake fries as directed on the package. Should be somewhere around 450° for 15 minutes.
- Put margarine, hot sauce, and garlic in a small bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds, until margarine is melted.
- Put fries in a large, sealable bowl.
- Pour sauce over fries, seal bowl and shake very, very gently until fries are coated. Sprinkle desired amount of salt over fries.
I have made these twice now, once with crinkle cut fries and once with seasoned fries and both times with great success! The only small change I made was to bake the fries for 10 minutes at 425 degrees, toss them with the sauce and then bake them again for another 10 minutes. We all love these spicy fries dipped in ranch dressing and we will have them very often!