Recipe by dawnie2u
If you like Buffalo Chicken Wings, you will love these meatballs.
Top Review by windhorse23
I was really pleased with this recipe, especially since I don't like wings but I love the sauce. I followed the recipe to a 't'. I didn't really think about the fact that this is supposed to be an appetizer. My family ate it for a main course, so it didn't make 8 servings. But since it has no added fat and I used 93% fat free ground beef, it wasn't overly fattening. I don't know why the beer is necessary, and I may try it with some other liquid in the future, but I will try it again. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup beer or 3⁄4 cup non-alcoholic beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix egg with parmesan, onion, breadcrumbs, and hot pepper sauce.
- Mix in the ground chuck, using your hands works best.
- Form meat mixture into 1-inch balls. Lightly spray a cookie sheet with cooking oil. Put meatballs on cookie trays. Bake for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the ketchup, hot pepper sauce, and beer to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Add the cooked meatballs and stir to coat with sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through. Serve at once.