Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found in the "American Profile". This recipe was sent in by Mrs. Morrison in California. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup solid shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups quick oats (uncooked)
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and shortening.
- Add sugars, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
- Stir in oats, flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- When well-blended, stir in coconut, pecans, Rice Krispies, and chocolate chips.
- When batter is thoroughly mixed, measure 1/4 C for each cookie on a large ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are golden. For a crisper cookie, bake 12 to 15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly on baking sheet before removing.
These cookies are fantastic. I baked some for 12 minutes and some for 15. I personally like the browner ones better. The coconut and chocolate chips were in perfect balance. If I were to change it I would add a little more pecans. I use pecan peices and not chopped. That may have affected the outcome. Shared them with co-workers and had several request for the recipe. Thanks for sharing
This Recipe is wonderful!! the texture and taste of coconut, chocolate and pecans...YUM! I cut the recipe ingrediants (as shown in American Profile) in half and still had 4 dozen medium size cookies. They are delicious!