- 1 lb buffalo
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 cups tomatoes (stewed, or 2 15oz cans)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, for spiciness (less (or more)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the ground buffalo and onion until the meat is browned and the onion is tender.
- Add the pinto beans, tomatoes, water and seasonings.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour, adding more water if chili becomes too thick.
- Add chopped cilantro and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- Spoon chili into bowls and garnish with grated cheese and/or diced jalapeno peppers.