Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Chili made with buffalo meat. I made this recipe up last night.
- 1 lb dried beans
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 bulb of garlic, minced
- 1 cup green pepper, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- Wash and soak beans in BIG pot.
- Cook garlic, onion, celery and 1/2 the spices in olive oil in a skillet.
- Add buffalo meat and cook until brown.
- Rinse beans, and then add water and beef broth in bean pot.
- Add contents of skillet to bean pot.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the big pot.
- Cook for about 3 hours.
This was good, but I like to serve my chili over beans not cooked together. Next time I will cook the beans and meat seperate. A very good dish!