Recipe by MarlaM
This is a slightly different version of the Buffalo Chicken Won Tons already posted here. I checked out the others and they weren't really what I was looking for, so I came up with this by mixing Buffalo Chicken Dip with my love of using won ton wrappers for a variety of fun finger foods. You may sub ranch dressing for the bleu if you prefer. This is super easy to make and when I served it at a get together last night, I got rave reviews. The chicken breast portion is an estimate. I used one large chicken breast half, poached in seasoned water and chopped. You may use more or less, depending on your preference.
Top Review by coleen114
Loved these! I did change the blue cheese dressing to ranch, but that is the only change I made. I also found that the cook time needed extending since I was using my mother's electric oven instead of my gas one. They almost need to be a little brown on the edges to be crispy. Otherwise, they seem a little on the soggy side from the greased tin.
- 226.79 g cream cheese or 226.79 g neufatchel cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml bleu cheese salad dressing
- 118.29 ml Frank's red hot sauce, louisanna sauce
- 118.29-236.59 ml monterey jack cheese or 118.29-236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 340.19 g cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 48 wonton wrappers
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients, except won ton wrappers, in a bowl.
- Spray mini muffin tins with non stick spray, and place one won ton wrapper in each muffin cup.
- Fill the won tons with about 1 tbsp of the mixture, and gently pull the sides of the wrappers closed to form a sort of pouch
- Bake the won tons for about 20 minutes, checking periodocally, You want the wrappers to start browning and be a little bit crispy.