Recipe by Ingy
Skinless drumsticks cook-up in a skillet (not deep fryer) and partner with trimmed-down blue cheese dip. Recipes from Martha Stewart's Everyday Food.
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- coarse salt
- 8 skinless chicken drumsticks (about 2 lbs)
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- celery rib, for serving
Better Blue-Cheese Dip
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- To make blue-cheese dip, mix blue cheese, yogurt, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- On a rimmed baking sheet combine flour, paprika and 1 tsp coarse salt. Add chicken, toss to coat, and shake-off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, turning to brown on all sides, until cooked throughout, 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ketchup, butter, and hot sauce; season with salt.
- Add hot chicken to sauce and toss gently to coat.
- Serve with celery sticks and Better Blue-Cheese Dip.