Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A favourite appetizer, be a devil and use lotsa spice, the dip cools the wings down! Prep time includes marinading.
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 -3 teaspoon cayenne pepper (depending on how hot you like)
- 1 -3 teaspoon chili powder (depending on how hot you like)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 3 lbs chicken wings
Blue Cheese Dip
- 6 ounces blue cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 7 1⁄2 fluid ounces mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 pint sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- Make a paste with the garlic, cayenne, chili powder, lemon juice and paprika.
- Gradually mix in the olive oil and tomato puree.
- In a large glass bowl tumble the wings in the paste until evenly coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Tumble the wings again to ensure an even coating.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Arrange the wings on a baking try lined with aluminium foil and bake or 25 minutes, until crisp.
- Blue Cheese Dip-------------.
- Place the blue cheese in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly (mix to any texture you prefer).
- Place in bowl and garnish with the parsley.