Recipe by Cookingrvc
These wings are baked, not fried, which simplifies the prep. The recipe was adapted from The Anchor Bar in Buffalo, the bar where these wings were originally served.
Top Review by Marie
I have made a gazillion recipes for wings and so far this one is the very best! Baked the wings at 400° for 30 minutes, then poured off the grease, turned them over and returned them to the oven for 10 minutes. They were perfect. Did not make the dip, but will at a later date when the diet allows. Thank you so much - This is a keeper and will definitely go into my WOW cookbook.
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar (red is fine too)
- 1⁄2 cup mild blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 25 chicken wings, tips removed, separated at joint (will have 50 pieces)
- 8 teaspoons melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup hot pepper sauce (Like Louisianna Hot Sauce)
- cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all dip ingredients and chill overnight if possible.
- Spread wings out on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
- Mix melted butter, vinegar, and hot pepper sauce.
- Brush butter mixture onto wings.
- (Can do this ahead and hold for 2 hours maximum if at room temp).
- Bake at 400° for 20- 30 minutes, or until wings are cooked through.
- Baste one time during cooking.
- Sprinkle cayenne during last 5 minutes of cooking for more heat.
- Serve hot with dip and celery sticks.