Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These wings are done on the grill.
- 24 chicken wings, rinsed and patted dry
- 73.94 ml butter
- 44.37 ml red hot sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- jack daniel's sizzling smokehouse blend grilling sauce, for basting (I also use Heinz Original #7 Jack Daniel's Grilling Sauce)
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 118.29 ml light sour cream
- 14.79 ml heinz spicy brown mustard
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, drained and chopped
- 14.79 ml reserved adobo sauce
- Cut the wings in half at the joint.
- Discard the tips.
- Place the wings in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the hot sauce, stirring until well blended.
- Pour the hot sauce over the wings.
- Stir thoroughly to make sure that the wings are evenly coated.
- Let sit for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat.
- Grill the wings, basting with Heinz Original #7 Jack Daniel's Grilling Sauce.
- Turn the wings occasionally and continue grilling until cooked through and golden brown.
- Serve with chipotle mayonnaise:.
- Chipotle Mayonnaise: In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, Chipotle chiles and Adobo sauce.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes.
Great-tasting chicken wings. I made these for a Labor Day party and everyone really enjoyed them. I thought they were very easy to make and loved the fact that I could cook them up on the grill. No muss, no fuss. The dipping sauce is AWESOME. Don't skip making and serving it alongside the wings. The sauce is so flavorful and not too spicy (I did scrape out the seeds from the chilies in adobo - leave them in if you want the sauce spicier). *Note - I searched high and low for the grilling sauces to no avail. I substituted Jack Daniels Original # 7 Barbeque Sauce with good results. However, I'm still on a quest to find the right sauce! ~Made for the Ausse/NZ September Swap~