Top Review by gtteknochik
This was the first time I've ever made hot wings and they were restraunt quality!! My SO was inpressed and he at the whole bowl I served. No need for blue cheese they were very mild.
- 30 -40 chicken wings, cut up two pieces from each wing with the tips discarded
- 1 -2 bottle Crystal hot sauce (NOT Tabasco!)
- 1⁄2-2 cup butter
- 1⁄2-1 cup oil (to fry with)
- flour (to dust wings before frying)
- blue cheese dressing (Ken's Steak House)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up wings, rinse and pat wing pieces dry.
- Dust wing pieces in flour.
- Heat oil in a large pot or skillet about 1"-2" deep to 375F degrees (Medium to medium high heat).
- Take wing pieces shake off excess flour put in pot and fry in oil until crispy, about 5 minutes per side (Turn often to keep from burning).
- Fry in"batches" to keep from over crowding.
- Drain wings on paper towels on a broiler rack.
- Keep warm in a 200 degree oven until all wing pieces are done.
- Make sauce by melting 1 part butter to 2 parts Crystal hot sauce (1 stick butter= 1/2 cup, 1 cup Crystal hot sauce).
- You can add a dash of vinegar and some cayenne pepper or a dash of Tabasco to make it hotter if you wish!
- Dip the wing pieces in the sauce and serve with the Celery and Carrot sticks with LOTS of the Blue Cheese Dressing.
- NOTE: This recipe came from the famous"bar" in Buffalo NY.