Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
There is a restaurant in Buffalo NY famous for chicken wing soup after many tries and Bills games later I have been told mine is better. I usually make this recipe x4 for tailgate parties
- 3 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 6 cups milk
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 cup celery
- 1 cup carrot
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup diced cooked potato (canned)
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese dressing
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup bottled chicken wing sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Saute veggies for 5 minutes.
- Add everything except potatoes and cook on low for 45 minutes.
- Add potatoes and season.
- cook 15 minutes longer until potatoes are warmed.
- add everything except potatoes to a crock pot and cook 4 to 5 hours or veggies are cooked adding the potatoes at the end.
I would have to say that the creator of this soup and their guests have never really tried the buffalo chicken wing soup that is available at Danny's, which I am guessing is the restaurant they are referring too. This was extremely thin and came no where close to what I expecting. Very disappointed, especially being a fellow Buffalonian that thrives on hot flavors.