Recipe by bjenkins3891
My Dad found this recipe somewhere online. I don't have the original maker of the recipe so my apologies to the chef as well as my thanks! The recipe calls for pulled chicken, but my Dad used pre-cooked chicken strips. It was still pretty good but I'm going to use pulled chicken with some seasoning on there when I make it myself...I'll let you know how it is and share a picture.
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced red onions
- 12 ounces hot sauce
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 14 ounces shredded white cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 24 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 lbs pulled chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stockpot, melt the butter and add the celery, carrots, and onions. Cook until slightly tender.
- Add the flour and coat the vegetables and continue to cook for approximately 2 minutes. Then add the chicken stock and continue cooking. Stir until the liquid begins to thicken.
- Add the chicken and heavy cream and stir to combine the cream. Increase heat to bring soup almost to a boil. Add the hot sauce (if you're from Buffalo, you know Frank's is one of the better ones, but there are many out there that are just as good or better) and cheddar cheese and continue stirring until very well incorporated.
- Serve in heated bowls and garnish with bleu cheese crumbles.
- ***(The prep and cooking times are estimated and do not include cooking chicken time).