Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
a great way to enjoy chicken wings without the mess. great served with celery or tortilla chips for dipping. I like to use a crock pot to keep this dip warm during parties, just mix everything up on the stove than transfer to the crock pot or you can use a electric fondue pot on warm too. If you don't want to use those then separate into small batches in oven safe dishes so you can keep the dip warm. Not sure where the recipe came from, everyone I know has their own spin for it.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken or 2 (8 ounce) cans chicken
- 1⁄4 cup frank's hot sauce (more or less depending on how spicey you like it)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, to top
- celery and carrot sticks, tortilla chips, crackers, pita chips
- On the stove top melt cream cheese.
- Shred or finely chop cooked chicken.
- Mix in blue cheese, chicken, sour cream and hot sauce.
- Taste for spiciness.
- Transfer to a warm crock pot or oven safe dishes.
- Top with Cheddar cheese and let melt (bake till bubbley).
- Serve warm with dippers.
This was really easy to make. Instead of warming the cream cheese on the stove I did it in the microwave. Instead of Franks I added some Ground Red Pepper (cayenne pepper) and let it sit for about an hour. It had a spicy effect but not overwhelming. I will definitely be making this one again.