Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a cheesy dip with a bit of spice that makes it irresistable. You can spice it up or keep it mild depending on your taste and the choice of wing sauce you use. It is a real keeper!
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces chicken wing sauce (any heat level or flavor you like)
- 1 1⁄2 cups pre-shredded cheddar cheese (use this to top the dish)
- Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the shredded cheddar.
- Put in a greased caserole dish and top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minute.
- Serve with tortilla chips or any dipper you like.
I'll admit I had to make do with what I had on hand, only 5 oz of cream cheese, and 6 oz of sour cream. I also used 8 oz of Kroger Medium Wing sauce and 12 oz cooked chicken thighs. I scooped the finished product with some chopped mini sweet bell peppers. Overall, it was pretty good! I would have liked a smaller sauce-to-chicken ratio. In the future I would probably reduce to ~4 oz cream cheese and ~4 oz sour cream, maybe halve or omit the ranch mix, and use ~6 oz Frank's buffalo sauce (which I didn't have on hand today). If you have leftovers, you can treat yourself to quesadillas, pizza, sandwiches, or whatever you can think of!
I made half the recipe for the 2 of us and I have leftover. It's a great recipe. Wonderful dip. Spicy and so tasty. The only thing I'll change next time, is to mix the cheddar cheese with all the ingredients. Thanks Chefpooky :) Made for PAC Spring 2012
I make this dip for everything, office luncheons, holidays, parties etc. and everyone loves it. It's easy to make and always a hit!