Recipe by Lainey39
These chicken thighs go well with a side of celery sticks and light ranch dressing. After breezermom's helpful review, I changed the heat to cook the chicken in the skillet from medium high to medium. The medium high heat is too low for me, but my oven is old and the burners probably aren't as hot as newer stoves.
Top Review by breezermom
Wow! The taste is fabulous! I made the mistake of following the directions to heat my skillet to medium high.....it totally burned the outside of my chicken. And, I doubled the hot sauce/butter mix, and so glad I did! I'll reduce the temp on the skillet so I don't have burnt chicken next time. Giving this 5 stars, because it is soooo delish!
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine first four ingredients in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; seal.
- Shake to blend.
- Add half of chicken to bag; seal; shake to coat.
- Remove chicken from bag, shaking to remove excess flour mixture.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add flour-coated chicken to pan; saute 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Transfer browned chicken to a jelly-roll pan.
- Repeat procedure with the remaining uncooked chicken, flour mixture, and oil.
- Discard remaining flour mixture.
- Bake chicken at 375 degrees for 8 minutes or until done.
- Combine hot sauce and butter in microwave-safe dish; microwave at high for 30 seconds or until butter melts, stirring to blend.
- Place chicken in a shallow dish; drizzle with butter sauce; toss to coat.