Recipe by Kitchen Quarterback
This favorite appetizer is updated to fit into today’s lifestyle. Chicken tenders are marinated in hot sauce and then baked, rather than deep-fried, in this low-fat version. Cool off these spicy chicken tenders by dunking them into the chunky bleu cheese dressing.
Top Review by CareBearQ
Is it sad that I bought a quart of Crystal (hot sauce) just for this recipe? This is one of my favorite low carb recipes--low fat, too! I make it all the time. It's especially great because I can put the chicken and marinade in a freezer bag and into the freezer and voila! low carb-low fat OAMC recipe! (Once a month cooking) You should add those 3 features into the title or description somewhere, especially "OAMC" so that more once-a-month cookers can appreciate this awesome (& simple & easy) recipe!
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb chicken tenders, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- celery rib
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine hot sauce, paprika and red pepper; brush on chicken. Place chicken in baking dish. Cover; marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, combine sour cream and cheese; chill.
- To serve, place tenders on plate. Surround with celery sticks and place the bowl of dip in the middle.