Combining a few chicken recipes from FoodNetwork.com, and a bit of my own ingenuity, I tried this recipe tonight and liked it a lot. Hope someone enjoys it.
- Preheat deep fryer to 360 degrees.
- Combine chicken tenders and hot sauce in plastic bag. Store in refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Combine flour, Cajun seasoning, and salt on one plate. Put buttermilk on second plate.
- Place chicken tenders in flour and dredge to coat. Transfer to buttermilk, dredge, then return to flour and dredge once more. You should have a nice, thick crust.
- Place breaded tenders on a wire rack for 5 minutes, to set the crust. If you skip this step, the crust may fall off during frying.
- After crust has set, dredge once more in flour and drop into oil. You can skip the final dredge, but I find it makes for a crispier result.
- Fry for 4-6 minutes until golden, brown, and delicious.