Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
Adapted from Real Women of Philadelphia.
- 4 cups chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 12 (6 inch) soft taco flour tortillas
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup frank's hot sauce
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- blue cheese dressing
- celery rib
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small sauce pot over medium low heat, melt butter.
- Add cajun seasoning, garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices.
- Wisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 - 8 minutes. Add salt to taste. Combine chicken and sauce. Cool.
- Lay out a tortilla; fill with about 1/4 - 1/3 cup chicken and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
- Tightly roll up taquito and place seam side down on a greased baking sheet; repeat until chicken is gone. Note: To keep the tortillas rolled, place a few dabs of water on the overlapping end.
- Brush taquitos with vegetable oil on all sides.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with blue cheese dressing and celery sticks.
not so great and pretty unhealthy, but we tried!