Prep 30 mins
Cook 46 mins
From the Whole Wheat "mission brand" tortilla package! Sounded great. So i wanted to save it. Hints: - These colorful tacos contain a number of nutrients that can help to maintain good health including heart healthy lean protein, omega fatty acids and vitamin A. - Reduce the fat content of this recipe by lightening the avocado topping with low fat or fat free ranch dressing. - Use the pre-roasted whole chickens, and shred the meat for ease of preparation. - Use your favorite microwavable chicken nuggets and toss these in hot sauce for ease of preparation. - For another time saving idea; but pre cut celery sticks.
- 8 mission brand whole wheat tortillas
- 1 cup guacamole, flavored dip
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper hot sauce
- 3 tablespoons nonstick cooking spray
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro leaf, hand picked
- 12 baby carrots, rinsed
- 12 celery ribs
- 1 cup blue cheese dressing, prepared bottle
- Pre-heat charcoal or indoor grill to medium-high heat.
- Place cleaned chicken breasts into a gallon size zipper storage bag, add hot sauce and toss; close and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove chicken from refrigerator. Spray each side of the marinated chicken with non-stick cooking spray; place on pre-heated grill and cook for 8 minutes per side or until cooked through. Place cooked chicken onto your work surface and allow to cool for a few minutes. Slice each chicken breast into thin strips cutting across the breast.
- Warm Mission® Tortillas. Evenly spread 1 tablespoon of Mission® Guacamole Flavored Dip edge to edge.
- Lay 5-6 slices of chicken across the middle of each tortilla, top chicken with 5 strips of green bell pepper, red onion and a tablespoon of cilantro leaves.
- Starting at the bottom roll tortilla forward to form a cylinder, repeat process for remaining tortillas.
- Serve a portion of tacos (two tacos) with 3 baby carrots, 3 celery sticks and a ¼ cup of blue cheese dressing in a small ramekin.