Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
To Die For! DH and I visited On the Border last night and I tried their Buffalo Chicken Tacos...I couldn't stop eating them...warm flat bread, spicy chicken, creamy cheeses and a cool ranch sauce. This is my guess at their recipe...enjoy! Warning: not for the faint of heart (but you can definitely modify the heat level).
- 4 flat bread
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 1 1⁄2 cups buffalo wing sauce
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into rings
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- vegetable oil
- blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- Slice chicken tenders in half lengthwise. Saute in vegetable oil over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through.
- Remove tenders from pan and place into a bowl with 1 cup hotwing sauce. Set aside.
- Peel and slice onion into thin circles. Dip individual rings into milk, then into flour and set aside.
- Preheat 2 inches vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Fry onion rings until golden browned, then remove to paper towel lined pan to drain well.
- Place flatbread into microwave and warm for 45 sec-1 minute.
- Per taco: use one flatbread, sprinkle crumbled blue cheese into center. Add chicken tenders, onion rings. Top with ranch sauce (recipe follows).
- Ranch Sauce: 1 cup ranch dressing, 1/4 tsp cumin, 1/2 cup hotwing sauce, combined well.
Yummy! I halved the wing sauce amount and there was still surplus and used 1/2 cup blue cheese.
I used the Chilis boneless buffalo wings recipe for the meat, but overall excellent