Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This quick sandwich embodies all the yumminess of buffalo wings without the extra grease, messy fingers and discarded bones.
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons bottled hot sauce
- 3⁄4 cup sliced red onion
- 3⁄4 cup sliced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup bottled ranch dressing
- 4 long sub buns, split
- 4 red bibb lettuce
- 2 stalks celery, sliced into strips
- 4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- In plastic bag, mix together garlic powder, chili powder, paprika and flour; add chicken and turn to coat.
- In large nonstick frypan, place olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning, about 7 minutes or until fork can be inserted with ease.
- Drizzle hot sauce over chicken, toss to coat; set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix together onion, cucumber and ranch dressing.
- Inside each bun, place 1 lettuce leaf and top with chicken and celery; spoon onion-cucumber mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with bleu cheese.
Very good dish but I could not bring myself to use cucumbers in a sub. thanks