Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very delicious OAMC meal. Has a bit of kick to it. I used sour cream instead of cottage cheese. From www.onceamonthmom.com
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells
- 2 1⁄2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup buffalo wing sauce (more or less depending on heat preference)
- 2 cups shredded shredded boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces nonfat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta shells according to package in boiling, salted water, until al dente. Drain water and allow to cool to the touch. Combine marinara and buffalo wing sauce in a bowl. In another bowl, combine shredded chicken, egg substitute, and cottage cheese until well-combined.
- Spread 1 cup sauce on the bottom of two 8×8 baking dishes. Stuff shells with chicken mixture, about 1 Tablespoon per shell. Place in sauce-covered dish. Cover shells with remaining sauce and sprinkle with shredded Mozzarella. Bake at 350F about 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. IF desired, sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles (calories extra).
- Freezing Directions:.
- Prepare as above, except DO NOT bake. Instead, cover with foil, label, and freeze. To serve: Thaw in fridge. Bake at 350F about 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. IF desired, sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles (calories extra).
We changed it a bit by substituting cream cheese for cottage, and may use ricotta the next time, but this was just a very tasty dish! Tasted even better the next day for lunch, since we brown bag constantly. Could've probably used more hot wing sauce, but then our Tender Tongued Child would've probably complained.