Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great for parties and tailgating. I do variations on the "stuffed french bread" concept (Philly Cheese Steak, Italian Sub, Chicken Paprikash, Ham and Swiss Strata..) because the variations are endless. Sometimes I'll add an egg to the filling as an added binder, but I don't think it's necessary (depends on your filling, if it needs a binder). I just made this combo this past weekend for a party.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 loaf French bread
- cayenne pepper
- Cook the chicken breasts (I like to boil them) and then shred with two forks.
- Mix cheese, ranch dressing, and chili sauce with the chicken.
- Slice the french bread loaf lengthwise. Do not separate the two halves -- just butterfly it. Scoop out the soft bread filling, and break into little bits with your fingers.
- Add the bread pieces in with the chicken mix, and stir well to get everything coated nicely.
- Spoon all the chicken filling back into the french bread shells. Close the loaf together, and wrap tightly in foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes to melt the cheese.
- When cool enough to handle, slice into rounds about 1 or 2 inches thick.