Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Easier to eat than wings, but with the same zing! These are pretty mild, so if you like it hot, you might want to adjust the hot sauce and cayenne.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- oil, for frying
- In small bowl, mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne and salt. Evenly coat chicken with mixture.
- Refrigerate chicken 60 to 90 minutes.
- Combine butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended.
- Heat oil to 375.
- Fry chicken in hot oil for 10 minutes or until done. Remove from oil and drain.
- Add sauce mixture and stir.
- Serve with Ranch dressing.
These were quite good and very easy! I seasoned them with a heavy hand and added a bit of cumin. I used half the recipe for one large chicken breast and I would have had enough stuff for another the same size, but I don't know if the recipe would quite be enough or 4 chicken breasts - maybe three. Thanks for posting!
These were an easy substitute for wings; delicious.