This was posted on BHG but I reduced it down to 2 servings and made a few changes to suit my tastes and what I had on hand. I ended up with one of the most flavorful soups I've had in a while! I hope you enjoy too! :)
- 7.39 ml butter
- 29.58-44.37 ml chopped onions
- 2.46 ml chopped garlic
- 177.44 ml reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 118.29 ml fat-free half-and-half
- 2.46 ml Frank's red hot sauce
- 56.69 g monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 28.34 g blue cheese, crumbled
- 14.17 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 19.71 ml all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml cooked chicken, coarsely shredded
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in broth, half-and-half, and hot sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, toss together cheeses and flour. Add half to soup, stirring just until melted then add remaining half. Stir until all cheese is melted and soup is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken and stir until heated through. Serve with additional pepper jack or blue cheese and hot sauce, if desired.