This was posted on BHG but I reduced it down to 2 servings and made a few changes to suit my tastes and what I had on hand. I ended up with one of the most flavorful soups I've had in a while! I hope you enjoy too! :)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Frank's red hot sauce
- 2 ounces monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 ounce blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 ounce parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cooked chicken, coarsely shredded
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in broth, half-and-half, and hot sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- In a small bowl, toss together cheeses and flour. Add half to soup, stirring just until melted then add remaining half. Stir until all cheese is melted and soup is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken and stir until heated through. Serve with additional pepper jack or blue cheese and hot sauce, if desired.
We loved this soup. The flavor combination was right on for us. I almost left out the blue cheese because I just couldn't imagine what that would add, but added it and it absolutely made the soup. Next time I'll double it because I did share with DH but I could have eaten the whole serving myself. Yummy :) Made for Photo Swap Thanks flower7 :)
This is officially one of my favorite soups. I might have gone heavy on the hot sauce and the cheese, but it was all very delicious and worth it. We will add this to our monthly menu.