Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
this one I haven't tried yet but it sounds like it would be good.
- 1 deli rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄4 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- botted hot pepper sauce (optional)
- In 4 quart Dutch oven melt butter over medium heat. Add celery and onion;cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in broth, milk, and the 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce.
- In bowl toss together mozzarella, 1 cup of the blue cheese, Parmesan,, and flour. Add gradually to soup, stirring after each addition just until melted. Stir in three fourths of the shredded chicken; heat through. Tope with remaining chicken, blue cheese and hot sauce.
I made this recipe when I saw it in Better Homes and Gardens. I reduced the amount of blue cheese a bit as in tasting as I went, it seemed to be overpowering the other flavors. I did add quite a bit more hot sauce as that flavor was very subtle initially. It's quick and easy to make and very filling.