Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Wow this is good! Tastes just like buffalo chicken/hot wings in a creamy and filling soup! Fast and simple too! I am not usually a fan of anything with canned cream soups but when I tried this I just had to have the recipe. There are lots of recipes here on Zaar for substitutes for canned cream soup that could be used with great results. I have listed that this makes a gallon, actually it makes just shy of a gallon of soup. From TOH with tweaks from Mama.
- 1419.54 ml milk
- 3 (893.00 g) can cream of chicken soup (use any flavor creamed soup you like chicken, mushroom, celery, etc I use 2 chicken and 1 celery, us)
- 709.77 ml cooked chicken (I use leftover chicken from rotisserie, grilled or baked chicken)
- 236.59 ml light sour cream
- 118.29 ml ranch dressing or 118.29 ml blue cheese dressing
- 118.29 ml hot sauce, adjust to your taste
- Stove Top: Combine all ingredients in a large pot and cook on stove until hot and flavors have blended. Stir often to dissolve everything and to keep from scorching on the bottom. At least 30 minutes.
- Crock Pot: Follow same directions above using crock pot. Just put everything in, stir well to combine everything and then cook on low for 4 hours.
- Adjust hot sauce to your liking and/or serve additional sauce on the side to allow each person to adjust their own bowl.
- Garnish with an additional dollop of sour cream, ranch or blue cheese dressing/dip and a celery stick. Would also be good with some shredded cheese on top. If you want to stretch it to feed more try serving it over a scoop of white rice.
I love this soup. I increased the hot sauce to 1 cup because we like our wings hot, and added chopped celery and carrots to add in some veggies. We live in Buffalo and this soup tasted just like our favorite wings. I will be making this a lot.
Mmmm! So good and easy to make. We like spicy food, so I doubled the amount of hot sauce to a full 1 cup. I also used two cans of low-fat cream of chicken soup and one full fat can to cut the fat a bit, but the soup was still rich without being heavy.
Fantastic! This was THE perfect soup to have for dinner on a snowy miserable night! I used 2 cream of chicken and 1 cream of celery, and I only used 1/8th of a cup of hot sauce, and that was PLENTY for us. Yes, we have wussy mouths! :o) We garnished ours with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of Mexican Blend cheese. Thank you for posting this!