Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I created this after searching in vain for shredded chicken buffalo sliders. You can increase or decrease the ingredients to your liking. The amounts are not critical. The chicken needs to be precooked, I recommend Cooked Chicken for Recipes - Barefoot Contessa Style, using leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken. Cooking time does not take into account cooking the chicken. I suggest cheating and buying a rotisserie chicken. This is a great recipe for blue cheese dip The Ultimate Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing & Dip
- 18 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup hot sauce, I recommend Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled, more as desired
- 1⁄2 cup creamy blue cheese dressing, I recommend The Ultimate Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing & Dip, alternately Marie's Chunky in the refrigerated section of the market
- 1⁄2 seedless cucumber, sliced thin for topping the chicken
- 2 celery ribs, sliced into several celery sticks for dipping in blue cheese dressing
- 3 green onions, white & green sections sliced thin for garnish, if desired
- 8 mini slider buns, can use standard 4 size buns
- Shred the precooked chicken.
- Over low heat, melt 1 Tablespoon of butter in skillet and add the hot sauce.
- Add the shredded chicken, toss to coat. Note: This will get juicier after it heats up in the skillet with the chicken.
- Cover & simmer on low for 30 minutes until bubbly & hot. Stir occasionally and remove the lid if it gets too juicy and you would like a thicker sauce.
- Assemble the sandwich, UP side DOWN so you don't lose all your toppings!
- To the bottom half of the bun: Add cucumber slices and green onion. Next add blue cheese crumbles and a dollop of blue cheese dressing. Top with the saucy chicken and the top o' the bun!
- Serving suggestion: Celery sticks with blue cheese dressing for dipping on the side. Recipe #496034.