1 hr 10 mins
A simple yet deliciously flavorful casserole that pretty much invented itself one evening in my kitchen!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 2 1/4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- chicken sausage, 4-pack buffalo flavored and cut in 1/2 inch slices (we use precooked Al Fresco)
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing (we use Hidden Valley light)
- 10 ounces cream of celery soup
- 15 1/2 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 -2 dash hot sauce (we use Frank's)
- sour cream
- mild salsa
- 1FOR THE RICE:.
- 2Bring 1 cup rice and 2 1/4 cups chicken stock to boil in medium saucepan.
- 3Once boiling, stir once, cover, reduce heat and let simmer 40-45 minutes.
- 4FOR ONION/GARLIC MIXTURE:.
- 5Saute onion in olive oil for 3-4 minutes on medium heat.
- 6Add garlic, cumin and cayenne pepper and cook an additional minute, stirring frequently.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 8Mix cooked rice, onion mixture, chicken sausage, ranch dressing, soup, beans and cheese together in large casserole dish.
- 9Add 1-2 dashes hot sauce (or more to taste) and stir again. If desired, sprinkle top with additional cheese.
- 10Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- 11Top individual servings with dollop of sour cream and fresh salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken-Sausage Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (270 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 426.7
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.3 mg
- Sodium 704.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 15.2 g