Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Rachel Ray recipe that I tried a few years ago and fell in love with.
Make and share this Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1 /3 palm full
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/3 palm full
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Sauce for chicken
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce, I prefer Tapitio
- lettuce leaf
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and chili powder.
- Drizzle breast with a little extra virgin olive oil to coat.
- Pan grill chicken breasts 5 minutes on each side.
- Heat a metal or oven safe glass bowl over low heat and melt butter in the bowl.
- Add hot sauce to the butter and combine.
- When the chicken breasts are done, remove from pan and add to the bowl and coat evenly with hot sauce mixture.
- Place chicken breasts on bun bottoms and top with crisp lettuce.
- Combine sour cream, scallions and blue cheese and slather bun tops with blue cheese sour cream.
Yummy!!!! I printed this off in January and am just now making this, DELISCH ! I'm doing the "DUGAN" diet so I need lo carb and lo fat but you can adjust this. Dredg the chicken in the rub then grill or cook, no oil, in a non-stick skillet. Add Fat Free Feta and Hot Sauce. Guess you could use Fat Free Sour Cream and and Fat Free Feta to the sour cream sauce. It would be great on a bed of lettuce/spinach with salsa
Made for Spring PAC 2008. These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe as written and everyone enjoyed them.
Wonderful recipe. These chicken sandwiches were easy to make and very tasty. I liked the combination of the hot sauce and the sour cream mixture on the chicken. I used Louisiana Hot Sauce, and it tasted great. Thanks for posting this recipe. Adoped for PAC April 2008.