Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got the original recipe to this from Woman's Day Magazine, and then tweaked it to my own taste. It is just awesome! As usual for me, very simple to make, but just exactly what I was hungry for! YUM-O!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (I used a store-bought Rotisserie or Roasted chicken)
- 4 teaspoons butter, softened
- 4 honey hamburger buns, split
- 1⁄4 cup frank's hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup bleu cheese salad dressing (I use Kraft's chunky style)
- Heat broiler.
- Spread 1/2 teaspoons butter on each bun half. Broil 1 minute or until lightly toasted.
- Mix chicken and Frank's hot sauce in a small bowl. Warm mixture in microwave for about 3 minutes. Mix in garlic, parsley flakes, shredded lettuce and diced tomato.
- Spread each bun bottom with 1 tablespoons Bleu Cheese dressing. Top each with 1/2 cup chicken mixture.
- Add another tablespoons Bleu Cheese dressing on bun tops. Enjoy!
I hate to give something 3 stars, but it's really just cooked chicken with Franks on it. I was hoping it would be a super easy and yummy recipe, but it was just super easy and not worth repeating.
I LOVED IT. I've eaten it twice once with the tomatoes and once without. Either way it's good. It's a really quick meal to make especially with the store bought chicken. This is definitely going to be a repeat recipe in our house. Thanks a bunch!
Was looking for something quick and different for supper. This was wonderful! I used mini loaves of french bread and grilled the cut sides in a pan, didn't have romaine so used shredded iceberg instead, didn't mix it in just piled it up on top. Otherwise,followed the recipe. I didn't have any but the review from DH was, "Outstanding!" He kept repeating how good it was, as he inhaled. lol He doesn't normally verbalize nearly so much. Thanks for an excellent sandwich!!