1/1 Photo of Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Are you looking for something to spice up your life? Can you take the heat? Try this - you'll find out why I make it once a week! This recipe actually is for about 20 frozen wings, but to cut back on the fat content I now use it for 4 defrosted (skinless) boneless chicken breast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 defrosted chicken breasts or 20 frozen chicken wings
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole wheat bread or 4 whole wheat rolls, for sandwiches
- olive oil (for frying)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted (we use I Can't Believe its Not Butter, really no difference in taste)
- 1/4 cup frank red hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced very fine
- 1/2-1 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- red pepper flakes, depending how much heat you want, to taste
- sliced tomato
- iceberg lettuce
- bleu cheese salad dressing (optional)
- 1You will also need: 1 Gallon size storage bag.
- 2Preheat skillet on stovetop.
- 3Add enough olive oil to cover the bottom of the skillet.
- 4Combine flour, paprika, and salt in storage bag.
- 5Give a good shake to coat pieces.
- 6Add coated chicken breasts to heated skillet and fry until nicely browned on both sides.
- 7Remove chicken breasts and place on paper towels to drain off excessive oil.
- 8Combine melted butter, garlic and cayenne pepper in large bowl.
- 9To make a mild sauce, use 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- 10Read next step if wanting a hotter sauce.
- 11Whisk Frank's Red Hot Sauce with the melted butter combo.
- 12If dividing the sauce into mild and hot, pour half into another bowl.
- 13For the hotter sauce, use up to another 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- 14Add whatever amount of red pepper flakes you may like.
- 15I just shake it on to semi cover the buffalo sauce.
- 16Place cooked chicken breasts inside sauce and coat both sides.
- 17Make sandwich and enjoy!
- 18Special Note on wings: Flour coat wings frozen!
- 19Deep fry frozen wings for about 20-25 minutes.
- 20Sauce coat right before eating!
- 21Allowing the sauce to sit on the wings will make them gooey.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (2601 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1526.7
- Calories from Fat 398
- Total Fat 44.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 3081.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 221.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.8 g
- Sugars 25.5 g
- Protein 76.1 g