Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a chicken salad that will spice up your next sandwich or salad! It is from the Chile Head digest, and it is rockin good! Easy to make too!
- 3 chicken breasts
- 59.14 ml durkees red hot sauce or 59.14 ml Tabasco sauce
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 118.29 ml bleu cheese salad dressing
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- Mix the Durkees, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper together.
- Marinate the chicken breasts in this overnight, covered and refrigerated.
- Remove chicken, discard marinade and bake in oven at 350° until juices run clear and no longer pink.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice into tiny pieces, and mix with the celery and blue cheese dressing.
Yummy! I omitted the oil, as the mixture seemed wet enough and this was wonderful. Thanks for a new addition to the lunch bag rotation!
Very good! I reduced the amount of olive oil in the marinade and increased the hot sauce. Unlike many of the traditional chicken salads that are better after a little chill time, I thought this one was much better right after it was made, with the dressing drizzled over the chicken and celery and just barely tossed in. (I used Blue Cheese Dressing.) Thanks for posting!