Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from the Closet Cooking blog by Kevin Lynch. He writes: "All of the flavours of buffalo chicken formed into a patty with quinoa and fried until golden brown and crispy! Serve with carrot and celery sticks and a blue cheese dressing to complete the experience!" This is just one of his MANY awesome recipes and is a great way to use up some leftover roasted chicken.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and shredded
- 1⁄4 cup hot sauce (to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Simmer the quinoa in the water until the liquid has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes and let cool enough to handle.
- Mix the cooked quinoa with the chicken, hot sauce, onion, cheddar cheese, blue cheese, egg, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper, adding more breadcrumbs if required to allow it to hold its shape.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Spoon the mixture into the pan and form patties of any size that you desire and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 2-4 minutes per side, and set aside on paper towels to drain.