Based on a recipe I found online. Nice spicey pie with a kick
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 carrot, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 stalks celery, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped chicken chunks and sauté them on both sides until golden brown.
- 3Remove chicken chunks from skillet and reserve on a plate.
- 4Add another 1 tablespoon of oil, the onion, carrot, celery and garlic to the same skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 5-6 minutes.
- 5In a medium-size sauce pan, melt the butter over medium-high heat then stir in the flour and cook until light brown, about 1 minute.
- 6Whisk the chicken stock and wing sauce into the butter/flour mixture and bring it to a boil. Simmer until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- 7Add chicken and vegetables to buffalo wing mixture and mix well.
- 8Transfer everything to a 8x8 square casserole dish and set aside.
- 9In a medium-size mixing bowl, prepare the cornbread according to package directions. Stir the blue cheese crumbles into the cornbread mixture and drop spoonfuls of the batter onto the top of the casserole, covering it completely.
- 10Bake the pot pie until the cornbread is baked through and the filling is hot, 20-30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.4
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 114.0 mg
- Sodium 1108.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 26.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
buffalo wing sauce