Recipe by DebbiF
I got this recipe from a Pillsbury Bake-Off cookbook. Credit to Kristin McLaughlin for a great recipe. We eat this at least once a month. I spice it up some and add different veggies to it like mushrooms and peppers.
Top Review by Barbasol
Over all this pizza had a good flavor, and was very easy to prepare. I think it needs a more substantial crust. I will use either a prepared shell or make my own dough next time. thank you for this recipe.
- olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) canpillsbury prepared pizza crust
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 cup diced Italian plum tomato
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese (1 cup)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Lightly coat cookie sheet with olive oil.
- Unroll dough.
- With sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut into 4 rectangles.
- Place rectangles on oiled cookie sheet; press each to form 6x5-inch rectangle.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, onion and hot pepper sauce; cook 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in tomatoes.
- With slotted spoon, spoon mixture over dough rectangles to within 1/4 inch of edges.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Bake at 425°F.
- for 13 to 16 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown.